Interested in working with Children and Young people? A Level 1 course is being run for free over 6 weeks leading to a Intro to Health and Social Care : Childcare award Level 1 Qualification. You could then move onto Level 2 study. The Course starts on Friday 24th February 9am until 12:30pm in Horfield. Free Crèche provided. Please call Richard on 07788353420.
Interested in working in the Health and Care Sector? As a vitally important and rapidly growing sector, a Job Fair will be held at Junction 3 library on Wednesday 1st February between 1pm until 3pm. 20 employers will be there to talk to you about your next steps into the industry and any questions you may have. Jobs are now available at all levels so come and find out more.
Thinking of becoming Self employed? BRAVE are free ‘Thinking about Business’ workshop. The course covers a number of area, over the 2 hour workshop;
- The pros and cons of being your own boss
- Is self-employment right for you
- Essential preparation
- The importance of good market research
- Financial considerations
The workshop starts at 10.00 am and finishes at 12 noon.
The next dates are:-
Tuesday 31st January
Thursday 16th February
Wednesday 1st March
To book a place, give BRAVE a call on 0117 944 5330 or via our website BRAVE Thinking about Business workshop The workshop takes place at The Coach House, 2 Upper York Street, Bristol BS2 8QN
Interested in working within the Construction industry? If you’ve never had a job or are returning to work after a long break, then our introductory job seeking and employability courses will help you prepare for finding a job in the construction industry. You’ll find out what employers are looking for, discover how to feel confident in interviews and make sure you know the best way to stay in work and keep a job.
On this course, you will get:
- CITB Health, Safety and Environment test
- IOSH Working safely Qualification
- Full CSCS card
ELIGIBILITY: You much be in receipt of a benefit (JSA/ESA); Must be over the age of 19, Must have lived in the UK for over 3 years.
Interested in Working in Retail? Good news as ‘Get into retail’ is back in partnership with Marks and Spencer.
- Gain in-depth training in the retail industry by completing work experience with Marks & Spencer
- Learn about stock rotation and control, good customer service and sales skills
- Guaranteed job interview if successful gaining a place on the programme
- Improve your teamwork and communication, boost your confidence, interview skills and CV
- 90% of young people offered employment after programme
When & Where
- See if this course is for you at our Information Sessions between 1st – 3rd of February at The Princes Trust Office, Canningford House, 38 Victoria Street, BS1 6BY. Times will be confirmed once you are booked on.
- If you are selected the taster day will be on Wednesday 8th February at M&S, 78 Broadmead, United Kingdom BS1 3DS.
- This programme runs from the 13th February – 10th March at the M&S store in Broadmead or Cribbs.
ELIGIBILITY: To join this free training programme you much be between 16 and 25, unemployed and have an interest in Retail.
You may need to compelte a Prince’s Trust application form please email Ben.email@example.com or text Retail to 07484532224 for more information